Innovative health technologies: health systems in transition Synthesis
November 29, 2009
I have collected all the presentations in the same post to summarise the information. Thank you very much indeed to all the participants for these inspiring and wonderful days. I would like also to express my gratitude to Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3) for its support.
Workshop: Innovative health technologies: health systems in transition
Supported by: Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3)
Organized by: Francisco Lupiáñez-Villanueva (Internet Interdisciplinary
Institute –UOC) and Michael Hardey (Hull/York Medical School – Science and
Technology Studies Unit, Department of Sociology, University of York)
Data: 26th and 27th November
Place: Meeting room -1A , UOC IN3 building. Av. Canal Olímpic, s/n. Edifici B3,
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona)
- Andrew Webster – Innovation in health: a social science perspective
- Michael Morrison – ‘Measuring Innovation – a brief introduction to
the REMEDiE project’
- Laura Machin – Cord blood banking: initial observations
- Mariann Hardey – Private medical care and the Web
- Eulàlia Hernádez – Providing resources for caregivers trough the
- Flis Henwood – ‘Health-e discourse? Engaging the community in ehealth
developments for obesity self-management’
- Sue Ziebland – Knowledge is Power? The role of health information
- Imma Grau – Studying Virtual Communities for patients with chronic
illnesses, in Forumclinic
- Daniel López – Reframing telecare: an ethical discussion concerning
ageing-in-place, independence and care.
- Darren Reed – Performativity of Data
- Michael Hardey – Consuming professions: user-review websites and health services.
- Francisco Lupiáñez-Villanueva and Michael Hardey – Health professionals, the Internet and Internet informed patients.