What do we really know about Web 2.0?
December 22, 2007
Do you remember the Time Person of the year 2006? We are almost ready for 2008 and little by little we know something more about IT:
- about this catch-all buzzword -Web 2.0- that people use to describe a wide range of online activities and applications;
- about how many people are avid participants in all that digital life has to offer;
- about what does this phenomenon mean from a theoretical point of view
- about the relationship between this phenomenon and the social structure of our time, the Network Society
- and, lately, about who’s really participating in Web 2.0.
The knowledge about the TIME person of the year 2006 doesn’t question the potential of that “young person”, it just helps us to a better understand of the phenomenon, to distinguish between facts and promises and to analyze the social consequences on a broad view.