Do you remember the Time Person of the year 2006? We are almost ready for 2008 and little by little we know something more about IT:
- about this catch-all buzzword -Web 2.0- that people use to describe a wide range of online activities and applications;
- about how many people are avid participants in all that digital life has to offer;
- about what does this phenomenon mean from a theoretical point of view
- about the relationship between this phenomenon and the social structure of our time, the Network Society
- and, lately, about who’s really participating in Web 2.0.
The knowledge about the TIME person of the year 2006 doesn’t question the potential of that “young person”, it just helps us to a better understand of the phenomenon, to distinguish between facts and promises and to analyze the social consequences on a broad view.